Monday, May 2, 2022

Birds Are Fowl/Foul

There's a reason birds like chicken are called fowl, they can be utterly foul. After the snafu yesterday with the aviary, we had separated the quail from the murderous chickens. Well, tonight we had to separate the hurt quail from the unharmed quail. Why? Because birds will attack the weak. Lesson learned. 

Now, we have a sick bay for two quail, a normal pen for the three healthy quail, and the aviary for the chickens. I was going to switch out the chickens today, but they've already nearly destroyed my barberry bushes and the quail are now separated, so we'll wait and see what happens. At least Chickadee China (the chicken I got from my neighbor) is dutifully giving us an egg a day. She reminds me to have patience with my other monsters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment