Saturday, May 14, 2022

Some Progress... Finally

I never know when I'm going to write the blog, so I apologize if it comes in sporadic intervals. This past week was a busy one around the farm which left little time for writing. 

We've managed to get the holding tank for our well done! No more sulfur smell! It took two months and a whole lot of money, but being able to turn on the water without gagging makes it worth it. 

Our house plans have made it to the contractor. Now, we're waiting for him to get all his contractors lined up and then hopefully we'll break ground soon. Some people may enjoy living in an RV full time. I'm not one of those type of people. 

All our animals are doing well. Cookie Doe and S'mores are getting into the hang of things and have integrated with the other girls well. Sundae, Scotchie and Cocoa are fully coming into their individual personalities now which is such a great pleasure to see. 

We're still on an egg a day basis with the chicken our neighbor gave us. Our ten baby chicks should start giving us eggs around Independence Day, but I have a feeling a couple of reds will be sooner than that. They're growing so fast!

I'll close this up so I can do my rain dance. Since we've moved here, we've watched rain fall in every direction around us, but not on us. Maybe today's the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment