Monday, September 11, 2023

Now Me & Me Again

For the month of August, I barely did any brushing of my cows. It was way too hot and they and I decided it was best not to try. Today, it was cooler and overcast, so we got back into it. I've created a monster with Brogan, he's worse than any of them. 

I started with Maesie who was happy to get one side done. Them here comes Brogan pushing his way in to get brushed. Now, he's our bull and as any boy in any species will exhibit, he was a hot mess. He had burrs, caked in mud (we're going with mud even though there's no mud around), and fragments of hay and who knows what else in his fur. I did a thorough top coat brush and then tried to move onto Coorie. Well, I managed to do her face and shoulders before Brogan pushed her away and demanded more. I spent thirty solid minutes on him and he still wasn't satisfied! But my hand was aching by this point, so I'll try again tomorrow. 

In other news, Patches has an overgrown hoof and we managed to get some of it lopped off before she had enough. We might have to call Gator in to help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment