Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Meet Jewel

While we're still waiting for Flora, we've got a new delivery from a different farm in Hamilton. Meet Jewel, a two month old half belted Galloway and half Dexter. I saw her face and coloring and had to have her. She's a tiny and sweet little thing. I love her already. 

She arrived in the heat of our hottest day yet and the donkeys instantly started playing with her. She ran straight for Fiona and I think that made Fiona so happy. Now, it sort of looks like Fiona is her pseudo mom. All the other cows have made nice with get and Brogan is instantly smitten with her. In fairness, I think Brogan is easily charmed. He did allow me to brush him tonight, so at least he's trying to look presentable. 

Now we wait for the calving to start. I feel the herd is complete. Well, for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment