Thursday, May 18, 2023

Eyes Open

You really never know what you're going to see on our farm from one day to the next. I can guarantee my own animals, but then there's the wild animals, and even neighbor's animals who pass through here. Most of them I'm great about, some not so much. 

For instance, the other night I was sitting outside the RV and had just finished a phone call. It's late and the awning light only puts out so much. I start to get up and I notice something move directly next to my foot. Luckily, it was just a frog. You're fine dude, just give a little ribbit next time, ok?

Then last night while I was on the phone, yes I actually use my phone to make calls, I saw a scorpion walk right past me. That dude is not welcome here, but he survived only because I was wearing Crocs and not wanting to test out their smashing ability yet. 

Finally this evening, in the barn, I saw we had two very new visitors. Ducklings! I don't know if they hatched here or not, they are our neighbors ducks, but it was so cute to see them!

Everyone have a spectacular weekend. Nothing has been done this week on our barndo, so I have to put the kerosene away a little bit longer on my RV. Joking, maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment