Monday, May 8, 2023

Fur-filled

For now, all my desires for Fur Real Farms have been achieved with animals. All in due time, we'll be breeding donkeys, coos and more goats since I missed the last milking opportunity. Teddy was the last link to the puzzle and now we're all set. 

Y'all would be proud of me, the owner of the turkey I was babysitting decided he didn't want the turkey anymore, but I let him find a different home for the humongous bird. We're currently overrun with roosters from our last batch of chicks, so until we get them sold, no make bird is safe. I used to think cock fighting was something horrible humans trained the roosters to do, but I've realized they have that capacity all on their own. In the next two weeks, they should be moving on. Hopefully!

Things around the farm are happening as well. Gator is building us a lean to for the bigger animals to have shade in the pasture. Our Smart friend is currently ripping up the mesquite on the first third of our land. The air conditioning units for the barndo are almost completely set! 

All the indoor animals are adjusting to Teddy. Can you believe all of them are afraid of the four pound little fuzz ball?! Within 24 hours though, Reggie and Flurry are cool with him, that just leaves Kenzie and Mango. 

No comments:

Post a Comment