Sunday, October 22, 2023

Exciting Weekend!

We've had a good weekend on the farm. Cookie Doe had healthy twins, one boy one girl. Rob actually got to see the beginning of the birth this time! We got her put into the birthing stall (aka the cow stall) while she took her time delivering. Later, we moved her and her kids to the nursery. We're up to five kids now and they're doing great!

This weekend, Brogan also began showing signs he is nearing puberty. Yay! No really, that's good news. He's 13 months and highland bulls can start as early as a year, but usually take eighteen months. He's ahead of schedule!

Also, while I was cooing over him, I noticed his permanent coat is coming in. Brogan is not a red bull, he's a red brindle! That means he has black streaks in him. He's a gorgeous boy. 

That's it for now, I'm sure more will come. 

If you're curious if the dogs nap together. Ok, I woke up Teddy so I could get him in the pic

No comments:

Post a Comment