Sunday, June 30, 2024

I Love Ewe!

Saturday, we finally got to bring home our babydoll sheep! Ewenique (chocolate and 2.5 months) and Bewety (vanilla and two months). In case the names didn't give it away, they're both female. They are the cutest things and so very soft! 

The breed is originally from the South Down Hills in Sussex County, England. They, like my Highlands, will need to be kept cool and comfortable in the Texas heat. For now, they're comfortable in the barn with the fans. I'm letting them get used to me and used to their names, but I have no doubt they'll be playing with me soon enough. 

Also, if I'm looking at Maesie and Flora correctly, I think they might be about to calve. I'm keeping a close eye on them while I play with everyone. I love the farm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment