Monday, June 10, 2024

My Dandy Gentleman

For the past couple of months, when it hasn't been raining, I've been working with Dandy. I might have mentioned this before, but there's a development. Instead of using a halter or rope of any sort, I've been training him to walk by my side. He's been doing great with that, but today he went one better. 

He knows I like to see all my animals. First, he walked with me to see Fancy and Patches. Both of those girls were irritated by flies and other than some quick petting, wanted me to leave them alone. He joined back up with me to walk to the cows. He stayed a respectful distance to allow me to pet all the cows I wanted. Plus, to take all the pics I wanted. When the cows started to crowd me, as they sometimes do when there's several of them and only one of me, Dandy swept in and led me to the goat pen. No joke! 

I pet the goats to my content, they're all doing great, and Dandy then walked me all the way "home". To the front gate that I use. He dropped me off and turned around to watch my back. Seriously, I was so touched! Patches used to be my main donkey, but Dandy is giving her a run for her money! 

Doesn't Maesie look pregnant? I wish I knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment