Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Mama Done Said

Do you know what helps when you're scolding your cow? Get her name right! Flora decided she wanted to act like Fiona today and vice versa, so was it any wonder I kept telling the wrong name? Rob alerted me Flora might actually listen if I stop calling her Fiona. Highlands are so sweet and loveable, but goodness they can get stubborn!

That's ok, everyone got extra treats, big scratches, and lots of love anyway. But a cowboy trick I inadvertantly learned today, stomping your feet while simultaneously slapping your knee will get cows to hustle. So apparently, I can officially check square dancing in an actual barn off my bucket list. I swung my partners in their stalls and kicked my heels to get off the cow paddy. All in a day's fun on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment