Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Cow Lady

Who knew I would one day not only be called, but happily answer to, a cow lady! This afternoon, I took Rob to my dentist and one of the hygienists I've never met before comes up to me and asks me if I'm the cow lady. Why yes, yes I am! I have her my number and address and she's going to be part of one I'm terming my "socialization project". 

I've also got one of the welders bringing his two little girls and wife soon for the project as well. The more comfortable my animals get to seeing strangers, the better. Luckily, I've got a two-step process to work with the strangers. The first is a meet and greet through the pasture fence. If that goes well, I'll them separate those who are enjoying the company to stay in the pasture and those who aren't to go into the pen. Those who stay will get pets and treats, which I know will greatly encourage the hold outs. Do I find animals already prone to enjoying treats or do I make them that way? Hmmm. I have a feeling my love for treats might be a nurturing affect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment