Thursday, February 29, 2024

The World Is A Stage

My favorite line ever is ironically from Shakespeare. I say ironically, because overall, I couldn't stand the dude. Alas, he did write some good stuff, especially "the world is but a stage, and we're mere players". If you think about it, he's right. 

People want you to act a certain way, but you have to decide how to act. You can't please everyone nor can you go against the grain of your personal character. Most fall in line, changing their personal attributes to resemble those around them. I'm not that way. 

This week has challenged me to stay true to myself regardless of how others view me. It has been lonely. It has been difficult. I have persevered. There is only one me and I'd rather stay true to myself than become one of the masses. Oh, the m is silent on the last word of the previous sentence. 

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll be there bitter old lady biting people before too long!

Chocolate cupcakes delivered. Taste 10/10. Appearance 5/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment