Tuesday, February 20, 2024

There's Always One

I've been a part of many groups and committees over the years, and there's always that one person. The one who even if they're not in attendance at the meeting, gets signed up for everything. Luckily, I'm not that person in any of the groups I'm in, but I feel bad for those who are the person. And I'm going to do everything in my power not to become that person either!

It does amaze me that the more people you seem to add to a group, the more work there becomes. The purpose of having more people is generally thought to disperse the workload, isn't it? Yet, it seems like only more ideas are produced and that same one person is put in charge of handling it all. Again, not me. I do what I can to help, but I'm not becoming that one person. 

But the joke is on me it seems. I just got my notice to attend jury duty. This is not something I wanted to be part of with everything else I've got going on right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment