Thursday, March 7, 2024

A Better Place

This week, I lost a good friend of mine. She started feeling sick in late October and luckily, she didn't suffer for long. All her friends and family had time to say goodbye to her, to come to peace about losing her, and to remember what made her so special. 

Jan was one of the first to welcome me to our new hometown. Her and her sister actually adopted me as their sister. We shared wine, games, and special bonding moments together. Thanks to Jan, I met more friends and people who are now like family to me as well: her son and daughter, her granddaughters and, of course, our sister. She didn't have much, but she gave with all her heart. Monthly, she worked with her church building care packages for soldiers. Weekly, she reached out to her friends to check on them. Daily, she kept God in her heart. She's in a better place now and I'm thankful for that. 

Oh, Jan also has as big a sweet tooth as me. Have a sweet treat this weekend for her, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment