Sunday, September 1, 2024

Labor Day

I debated writing a blog tonight as I'm planning on doing nothing tomorrow. But, I still did stuff this weekend, so I shouldn't deprive y'all. 

Friday was the documentary about wind turbines. They only asked me two questions about that and then asked more about why I moved here from Austin and why I decided to start a Chamber of Commerce. It's ok, I did my best and had a new adventure, even if I wind up on the cutting room floor. 

The most surprising thing though was I didn't film where it was originally arranged. A friend of mine and her husband had agreed for us to use their ranch where they actually own wind turbines, but once they realized I was opposed to them, they called Mayor Bob heading this all up and told him I wasn't welcome. I'm glad I had texted her saying it was great she was allowing both sides to be heard on her property because that's what started this mess. She said she didn't pass judgement on anyone and then I got booted. I told them no hard feelings, and I mean it. I have no problem hearing other people's viewpoints, but a lot of people do. Although, I won't discuss presidential politics, nothing good ever comes from that! 

No matter what though, it was an adventure like I said. Maybe I'll become a star in Australia now as Sky News Australia was the one filming the documentary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment