Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Weird Wednesday

I'm almost over this stupid head cold, but it's beaten me up pretty badly. I know it's become a problem when I took a nap this afternoon and literally dreamed about breathing in fresh air. Imagine my shock and horror when I woke up and still couldn't breathe normally. Just rudeness, plain and simple. 

On a happier note, I had two wonderful meetings today. The first was at my home away from home, City Hall, to meet with the city, fire and police to plan the National Night Out happening the first of October. I'm wearing two hats for this event: Chamber and Lion's Club, but it still should be a lot of fun and not too much work. 

The other was with our non profit thrift store in town to bring them into the Chamber. This was a big move as these ladies are the old school version of our town and I hopefully made it extremely clear I'm not wanting to change our town, just revitalize it. Our main street is pretty much unusable at the moment and that's the Chamber's main focus, to make it usable again. There's always a lot of charm with Main Streets throughout America. I'd like it here, too. 

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to focus on the theater stuff. Time to bring in some more drama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment