Sunday, September 15, 2024

Watermelon Sunday

I'm doing a little research project of trying to find fresh fruits and veggies my livestock likes. Tonight's test was with watermelons. Out of all my goats, only S'mores took a bite. Out of all my cows, only Josie enjoyed it. The donkeys and sheep were uninterested. I'm actually surprised because they eat those stupid buffalo gourds that grow around here. Oh well. 

It was nice spending a quiet evening with them though. They were all relaxed and enjoyed just being together with us. Brogan and Flora got their hair brushed and Rose even let me pet her a little. Jewel is getting closer to me, but still wary. The one thing I didn't grab a pic of was our new laying hens. We picked up ten from a farm up the road and hopefully we'll be flush in eggs again. The last few weeks our hens have barely laid with the heat. 

Overall, life is great on the farm! 

1 comment: