Sunday, September 22, 2024

Fiona's A Mom!

Saturday, Fiona gave birth to a very tall and lanky girl! Mama is fiercely protective and already an excellent mom to her, but I did get a chance to hold her when we fed the group. I have no shame, my cows love their food and I use it to my advantage! 

Fiona did see me though and came charging from the back pasture, but we already had the mule in gear and was away before she got there. The little one is a chocolate dream! Now, I've been told their brown coloring can change after the initial baby coat, but I've got a feeling she's going to stay a dun. I'm going to have to discuss with my friend who has already staked claim on the first heifer what her name will be. Right now, she's the Little Coo. 

We still have two mamas left to drop, but who knows when that will be? Exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment