Sunday, July 24, 2022

Hot Temper

I'm learning that sometimes, the heat will cause my animals to have tempers. Understandably, it does the same to me. Fiona was in a mood today, perhaps because she locked herself in the goat pen again. Anyway, she decided to headbutt her bovine stall mates away from the main feeding trough. She didn't want to be messed with and I told her it's her own fault and to get over it. Minutes later, she nuzzled me when I leaned over her pen. Good girl!

This weekend, we decided to take part in the local FFA rodeo where we had bought raffle tickets for 1/2 beef. We didn't win, but it was fun to see all the animals. 

Rob got to try a cowboy sundae which apparently is a thing. It's a cup full of brisket, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, and queso. He enjoyed it!

We're set for another week on the farm where we'll watch our pavilion go up, our donkeys run around playing, and the goats being the loveable stinkers they are. Let's just hope tempers stay cool even with the soaring heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment