Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Take Your Time

This learning the stalls routine is going to be challenging it appears. It takes Fancy three treats to coax her into the stall. It takes Patches five along with guiding her. Fiona though, wow she wanted nothing to do with it tonight. Treats didn't work, coaxing didn't work, guiding definitely didn't work, but we finally got her in there. How? Well read on. 

There is a stack of old doors in her stall that I sat on and just waited her out. I waited, I sang to her in a Scottish lilt. I waited, I showed her I still had a treat for her. I waited, I acted like there was something so amazingly interesting next to me. I waited and waited some more. It took thirty minutes, but she finally came in and went straight for her food. I think she'll be very happy when her new friends come. I can only imagine she's a little lonely in that big stall as to herself. 

Each day will get easier. The great news is that our dogs are completely over the chickens now. Two got fully out of the pen and our pups just looked at us, saw that we had seen them, and then went off exploring. We're all learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment