Sunday, July 3, 2022

Only One

A busy weekend at the farm! First, we drove two hours away to pick up the smallest and most adorable dwarf Nigerian goat you've ever seen. Seriously, she's a dwarf of a dwarf! While I was there rounding her up, I spied a couple of silver does. Before I knew it, I not only picked up the one I had purchased, but bought two more! Meet Caramel, Sugar and Spice. All three of them have already gotten along and learned the routine of bedtime!

Once we returned home with our newest loves, we had our farrier come out to tend to some of our girls. Fiona is still too skittish to get her hooves trimmed, but I'll continue working on her. Patches and Fancy didn't like it, but they got theirs done. You'd think he was killing Scotchie, Cocoa, Sundae and Cookie Doe, but they all have trimmed hooves now. Let's hope this gets easier with them as all their cries really got to me. 

Today, all the animals settled in for yet another scorcher. Patches and Fancy took to their job well and protected the three littles as they found the chicken coop to their liking. I swear, if you want to entertain any animal except chickens, build an Aviary!

No comments:

Post a Comment