Monday, July 25, 2022

I'm Alpha, Really

When we started with goats, Scotchie tried to test me as alpha. She tried to head butt me and do that silly goat dance they do to try to intimidate me. It didn't work and I was able to handle her to calm her down until she learned I was alpha. 

Patches and Fancy never questioned I was the alpha. They saw I had the food and treats and that's all it took. A simple no is enough for them to immediately stop any untoward behavior. 

Fiona though is now testing me. She has proven herself the alpha among Fergus and Flora, and now she's testing the waters to see if I'll fall in line. I'm not going to, but now I'm trying to research online the best way to discipline her. She's got me on weight and horns, but little does she know how stubborn I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment