Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Mama Fiona

I'm telling you, Brogan can be chewing on her tail, ramming into her legs and stepping on her hooves, and Fiona will just gaze upon him. If Rob or I come anywhere around him, we just state our business and gain her approval before proceeding. She has decided to mother him and that's both scary and beautiful. 

Fiona is a fiery red. She could probably make the angriest bull weep in fear if she stared him down. She's not aggressive, but she is protective. Plus, she thinks he gets special milk so she should get extra treats because that's only fair.  Fiona is something else. We respect her, she fascinates me, but I do tread lightly when she's in her protective mode. She was like that with Fergus at the end, so Brogan being here is perfect I think. Yes, she nodded, Fiona says he's perfect being here. 

Tonight, we've decided to let the donkeys go back to their stall and for all three cows to stay in the cow stall. He slept in there with them this afternoon, so I figure they be good overnight. The donkeys are thankful. They do like to stretch out to sleep without worrying about a cow paddy! 

Our three shades of red

No comments:

Post a Comment