Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Small Town Living

A little history on our farm. Before we bought it, there used to be a small farmhouse on it. The only story everyone can collectively agree on is it burned down. The reason why is murky, but at least no one was in it at the time. 

Anyway, today I stopped by the volunteer fire department to buy tickets for their annual BBQ fundraiser. When I was filling out the raffle tickets (everyone does raffles here btw), the lady saw my name and knew instantly where I lived. Yes, we're the people who bought the burned down firehouse. No, we didn't know anyone associated with the property before us. And it's great meeting you, but let's keep visitation where I'm coming to your fundraisers and not y'all visit us to hose something down, ok?

That's small town living for you, and we love it. These people know all about each other from generation to generation, but we're there new mysterious people. Soon they'll learn, we're normal except for my big love for animals!

Hot Fudge Sundae, she's the best dog goat I've we're had lol

No comments:

Post a Comment