Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sometimes I'm S'mores

While people don't always believe it, goats have a wide range of personalities. S'mores is my most expressive, the actress if you will. Everything is dramatic or comedic with her, there's no in-between. If she gets stuck in something, it's the end of the world and everyone can hear her anguish. If she's found a new way or place to play, everyone can hear her glee. If I'm trying to sneak in quietly, she's the first to see me and then loudly announce I'm there. 

I will admit, sometimes I'm like S'mores. We've got all these unfinished projects that I'm simultaneously excited about and anguishing over the time I've got to wait. There's the front fence so I can finally let the dogs run out and play again. There's the shed to hide my hideous water tanks. Most importantly, there's the barndo that hasn't been touched in a week. I might one up S'mores and get a fainting couch, one of those feather trimmed housecoats, and wail dramatically in the middle of my field with my hands vaguely pointing to all the unfinished projects. Knowing me though, I'll just find another project I can do and avoid everything else. Oh Fiona, want to get fake snow a Christmas tree and pose for pictures? 

No comments:

Post a Comment