Sunday, October 6, 2024

Back From Black

For those who don't know, the past two weeks I've been hit with some personal issues. It was a very dark time for me and I'm still working through things. However, my farm continues and I need to continue for the farm. 

Unfortunately, a week after Fiona's daughter Skye was born, she passed away. My rudimentary assumption is that she was born premature and was not absorbing the nutrients she needed to survive. She had tried nursing from Mom and when I saw she was weakening, I switched her to bottle. Everything was done for her that could be done, but she wasn't strong enough. That didn't help me already being in a dark place. 

But life goes on and the animals have shown me how resilient they are. Rory is doing excellent and is a fan favorite with all the other animals, especially Dandy. He loves to run and dance and he's heartwarming to watch. I'm hoping more babies are on the way and that they're born healthy.

1 comment: