Monday, October 7, 2024

Devil's Claws

There's a weed on my pasture either called Devil Claw or Devil's Claw. Either way, it's very aptly named. It breaks off into these wishbone, almost metal-like clamps. Poor Bewety and Ewenique got into them. 

Ewenique comes right up to me and allowed me to get them off of her. The poor thing had them over her mouth like Hannibal Lecter. Bewety took two days to get hers off. She's super fast and those things will slice you even with gloves on. But I finally trapped her and got both of the ones she had off. One was on the belly, the other was near her bum wrapped around her leg. They're both fine and I only have one cut. 

They didn't allow any pics to be taken, rightfully so, therefore you get one of Callie who is finally letting me brush her forehead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment