Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Predators

Done people have joked with me about my fencing and the amounts of it I've had done. It's all for my animals and their safety, and today Rob showed me my overprotective nature is justified. 

This morning, as he was walking the dogs, he came across what was left of a deer. By this evening, when he showed me, all that remained was the skull attached to the spine and a few ribs picked clean. I wouldn't have thought it was a deer as it was a small skull and spine, but Rob said a hoof with the fur was there that morning when he first saw it. This is why I'm adamant about fences as I don't want any of my animals to become prey. 

Speaking of the fence, Gator is doing his best to get the front fence up by this weekend. His plan is to get it all spot welded by then so our dogs can run freely. Then next week, he will come back and fortify it. This is why we love Gator, he knows how much the animals mean to Rob and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment