Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Side Note

While this blog is about our farm, sometimes it will bleed over into our personal lives as well. After all, we are the farm. While I would love to spend all the time with my animals doing all the things, I'm also a caretaker to my elderly father in law. It's trying at the best of times. Today, it's been a bit much. 

He suffers from dementia which causes a fog over certain thinking skills and memories. Somehow today, he lost one lens of his glasses, but I only realized it after we'd been to various parts of town. He didn't even realize it was missing and therefore, there's no telling how long he's been missing that lens. We immediately went to the eye doctor and not only ordered replacement lenses for his current glasses, but also new glasses as well. Trust me, we've dealt enough with these glasses. 

Anyhow, the poor animals didn't get to eat until late. They weren't happy, we're not exactly happy, but that's life. Here's hoping tomorrow we all see clearly and I can share happy farm moments instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment