Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Barndo Bonanza

Yesterday the interior doors were put up and today, well today so much got done! All while I slept off a steroid blitz to boot!

Baseboards and trim are going up which will also be stained to match the interior doors. Our tankless continuous circulating hot water was installed. And for the most dramatic reveal, our cabinets were installed!

The couple behind D&D Custom Cabinetry are wickedly intuitive and innovative. While I knew the cabinet look I wanted, and where I wanted cabinets, I gave them a challenge. I told them that while I'll have few cabinets in the kitchen, I wanted them incredibly usable as I've got every kitchen contraption that's been manufactured. I didn't ever want my counters to be cluttered, but I also didn't want to have to dig through stuff to get to things. They pulled it off big time!

I've got soft close drawers with inserts for spatulas and whisks. I've got a pull out raisable mixer stand. I've got drawers with different gadgets in mind and even a cookbook bookshelf installed on my island. The tops of the cabinets will be glass filled lighted wonders for some of the more interesting kitchenware items I've got. Quite literally, they have given me my own kitchen paradise. Only a few of the pics to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment