Sunday, April 2, 2023

Quality Banding

Well, we finally did it. We got the bucklings banded and soon will officially be termed as wethers. I have only formally named one as he was the first born on the farm. He's Nutella and he does not enjoy his band. 

So what is banding? It is similar to a rubber band that closes over the top of their testicles. This restricts blood flow to the area and makes them infertile. I've been told by one person they shrivel up and fall off. I was told by another person that you have to wait a week then cut them off. So, I'll be doing some mega research on that this week. 

I'll also share that we had a death in the family on Saturday evening. This week, I may or may not be writing as we handle all the arrangements and also take our time to mourn. Thank you for understanding. 

Nutella, and also proof of why it was definitely time to band 

No comments:

Post a Comment