Monday, June 19, 2023

Field Trip

I'm really hoping this was the last time, but we had to go into town to do our laundry this evening. I miss doing laundry privately in a home and not in a laundromat!

Anyhow, as was customary for us, we took a field trip to explore the roads we don't normally go down while we waited for the machines to finish. On my Maw-Maw's old road, we got to see a tarantula crossing the street. Spiders don't bother me as long as they're not on me. Snakes can't be in eyesight, I have a big problem with those!

On a different road, we came across two tiny fawn. I am so impressed with how well they camouflage into their area. I tried to get a good pic of them, but even my Google Pixel couldn't get a read on them. 

Lastly, our weather today was insane. We hit 103 with a real feel of 115. Keeping the animals cool was our top priority and fortunately our swamp cooler is helping them. They don't like to see me swimming though, so I think I'll have to get them their pond dug sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment