Sunday, June 11, 2023

It's See You Later

Surprisingly for me, I'm actually pretty good about selling my goats. This afternoon, I sold the last two from the first freshening. Freshening is what they call the childbirth for goats. Boots and Onyx went to my great friend Sweet Tea who I know will take excellent care of them. So overall, we only kept two kids, bucklings, from the first round total. Not too shabby!

Luckily, I don't have to make that decision yet about my cows. In the years to come, we'll have more calves and I will then start selling them, but Brogan is still way too young. Once we move into the barndo, I might look into artificially inseminating Fiona, but she'd be the only one. Let's just say she's ready to be a mama. 

So besides the intense heat, this weekend was great. We did most of what we planned to do and got some fun in as well. This week, I'll be doing whatever it takes to get the barndo closer to done. We're almost there guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment