Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Meet Maesie!

Let me start off by saying, none of this was planned. However, when you find a golden opportunity, you seize it. 

Sunday night, the ranch I had gotten Ciarán, Coorie, and in time, Caledonia, reached out to me about a white 10 month old heifer. This ranch is focusing on a registered herd and they knew I'm not about that. Their girl Posey needed to find a new home and quickly to avoid future obstacles. They asked us, I asked to give me 24 hours. 

Monday morning rolled around and Rob and I agreed this wasn't the best time to get her as we're trying to get into the barndo. The ranch had another interested party, so I said to let that party have her. 

Well, that party flaked and this Oklahoma ranch was making a transport run to Texas Tuesday and was I absolutely sure I didn't want her? Rob and I talked again and decided she actually should be with us. She was delivered this afternoon and she's perfect!

Welcome to the farm Maesie! Your name means pearl in Gaelic and you're definitely a gem. You're halter broke, already eating out of my hand, and best of all, you and Flora have made fast friends! Brogan now has his harem and our farm is now even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment