Monday, January 22, 2024

Stampede!

I'm not country enough to know if horses are the only ones who can stampede, but for lack of a better term, that's what my larger animals have been doing lately. It was cute, until it wasn't. 

With the cooler temperatures, the cows and the donkeys have been running through the pasture tirelessly like a herd of buffalo. It would just be quick bursts, never long enough to grab my phone and film it. But boy howdy, you could feel the ground rumbling! Today though, they kicked it up a notch. 

I was out of the house while I left Rob at home during this cool, drizzly day. Imagine my surprise when he texted me that half of the cows had somehow opened the gate and were galloping through what we term our field. Fortunately, our cows are extremely food motivated and easily came back into the pasture with extra cattle cubes. They didn't do it again, so I'm assuming the gate hadn't latched correctly the first time. Silly cows!

Mango, because it's just easier to get his pic right now

No comments:

Post a Comment