Thursday, June 2, 2022

Brushing

One thing I like to do for all my furry animals, is to brush them. It keeps them cleaner, supposedly helps with the shedding, and is calming for both them and me. I say supposedly shedding as all my animals seem to keep replacement fur ready to go to sprinkle around everywhere anyway. 

The goats have yet to allow me to brush them. Soon, we'll be getting a stand made for them so they can't run off and I'll be able to brush their beautiful coats. 

The donkeys absolutely love the brushing! Patches especially, who has the straighter hair, relaxes completely when I'm brushing her. Fancy, with a coarse hair, enjoys it, but in small doses. She prefers long quick strokes versus Patches with the shorter and controlled strokes. 

Lastly, Fiona. She'll let you do whatever you want while she's chewing a treat. I got one side of her mane done while Rob plied her with apple treats and cattle cubes. There is a lot left to do for her, but this was only the first day so I'm betting she'll come around. 

As for my two dogs and two cats, they're used to the brushing and thoroughly enjoy it now. The cats want to play with the furballs I create from brushing everyone, but I thwart them everytime by disposing of the balls quickly. Sorry felines! 😺

Fancy is getting fancier

No comments:

Post a Comment