Wednesday, June 8, 2022

It's About Nature

We have been so impressed with all the nature we've gotten to see since moving here. To list a few unusual suspects: a fox, a ringtail, and the largest jackrabbits we've ever seen. Today, we spotted a gorgeous Painted Bunting. The bird was so bright and colorful and it made us both so happy to see it. I didn't have my camera and the bird was flying anyway, but trust me, it was a sight to see. 

Ironically, we've been fortunate to not see snakes like we did at our old house. At our previous residence, we had cottonmouths,a few rattlesnakes, and a whole bunch of copperheads. It got to where I didn't walk around at night for fear of coming across one. Yes, I'm petrified of snakes. Here, Rob has seen exactly one grass snake and that's been it. Thank goodness! There are snakes in the area, but we're doing something right for now. 

What we do have a ton of are jumping spiders. Yes, that's their name and that's what they do. Medium sized fuzzy black spiders that will jump if you get too close. Then, you wind up jumping because they jumped. I had one jump on my hair in bed and it took everything I had not to freak out. I'm not scared of spiders, but that doesn't mean I want them in my hair in bed with me!

A jumping spider with his meal

No comments:

Post a Comment