Friday, June 3, 2022

Weekend With A Kick

It hasn't taken long for everyone to settle into a routine. What's fun is to watch the outside fenced area have its rotation of visitors. For a little over an hour, shortly after the rains stopped, I watched that fenced area from the RV window. I saw the donkeys come out first. They checked the whole perimeter to see if the rain made anything magically sprout up. When that process fruitless, they grabbed some wet hay and headed back into the barn. 

Next, the chickens came out. They also scoured the whole yard, but they were more successful. I saw some peck at what I assume were bugs of some kind. They were still pecking away when the goats came out. 

Now the goats absolutely love the aviary. I think they're treating it like their own private clubhouse. While the chickens were rambling around them, they gathered in a loose circle and had head nodding conversation. 

Lastly, everyone went into the barn and Fiona came out. Unlike everyone else, she actually used the outdoors for toilet duties. Thank goodness, I'm already dreading the mucking of the stalls tomorrow. 

The three new girls all let me brush them with no complaint and no treats! Fiona realized it felt good to get the tangled out. We still have a lot to do, as she's a big girl, but we'll get there. I thought we were all great and everything, but do not get in the way of her food. She gave me a light kick from her front leg to my leg when I came too closely to her and her feed bowl. Not her fault, once her stall is built, we'll all have more room to easily manage. She did feel badly, and came up for a petting, so it's all good. 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment