Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Quail Queen

What they don't tell you about keeping quail, is you tend to get overboard with them quickly. We currently have four quail, but we have sixteen potential in the incubator right now. Once this incubation is done, we'll be doing one more round of incubation. Why? Well, because. 

One of my local friends tipped me off today that one of her friends was selling all her quail paraphernalia. This friend of hers is now my friend too and I grabbed her five layer cage, her brooding box and her large homemade aviary. We'll be having the original friend's husband, who already has done and will continue to do many projects for us, pick up the aviary, make a couple of modifications and then deliver it to us. Once the two batches of incubating are done, we'll be vent sexing them and divide them up by sexes. 

Then it'll be egg selling time!!! This new friend loaded me up with egg crates to get me started. Now, if only my original chicks would finally start laying. This week they just turned old enough, so any day now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment