Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Fur Us

At Fur Real Farms, the animals are part of our family. As we're not the typical farm, we don't raise typical animals and we don't raise them typically. While we're milking the goats and breeding the coos, they're first and foremost for our pleasure. We need them and their love, especially on the hard days. 

Some people will laugh at us and have no problems telling us how we're wrong, but they're not us. Thank goodness. I've taken in animals who never were handled by humans and have turned them into social butterflies. Today, I finally got through to CiarĂ¡n!

I've brushed her a little bit here and there, but she refused to ever let me pet her. This evening though, she let me pet her behind the horns, on the forehead, and under the chin! She's accepted me and now the only one I've left to handle of all my animals is Sugar the goat. Soon Sugar, we'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment