Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Gotta Learn Patience

One of my less admirable traits is I make decisions quickly. My brain always goes a hundred mph because of my anxiety, so I often forget most people take their time. As they should. Where I was fearing I was never going to find buyers for my gorgeous doelings, I just needed to exercise patience. All doelings have been reserved for pickup Friday! Even the one I secretly didn't tell anyone about. 

Ok, I'll explain. There is one particular doeling I first thought was a boy. But when they're first born, it's not always easy to tell with all their squirming. The one I had affectionately named Floppy, I must had felt an udder or a clump of mud for the boy part, because she indeed is a girl. I didn't tell anyone because I was thinking one of my local friends would grab her, but when pressed today if I perhaps had just one more, I had to tell the truth. So Floppy and all the other doelings are going to their new homes on Friday. 

The bucklings are going to stick around longer. The banding takes time and I want to see which of them do well with their father. If one or all three keep him entertained and less Nutty as his name is, then they'll stay here. I'm not naming them yet though, just in case they're not a good fit and would be better off elsewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment