Thursday, March 16, 2023

Gully Washer

We had a very healthy rain late this afternoon! How do I know this? Well, I was in it. No, really. Totally immerse in it. 

Let me explain. I have the does and kids separated from everyone else. They get the pen and the barn, the other animals get the pasture. What I thought was going to be a quick rain, turned heavy quickly, and I jumped into action. 

I raced outside, slipping and sliding with the slickest mud ever, and got most of the animals inside. I hand carried my filthy, smelly, overweight billy goat into his stall before he could do damage with the other goats. The cows easily went into their stall. The donkeys? I tried several times to coax them inside, but they cowered against the side of the barn getting thoroughly pounded with rain. I spent the rest of the deluge huddled in the barn. 

Once, the rain stopped, almost as quickly as it started, Rob ventured out and helped me get the donkeys inside. I learned a valuable lesson today, my water resistant jacket is not waterproof. There is a difference and my becoming a drenched rat would be the evidence. 

Here's pics of wiring and hoses. Either tomorrow or Monday is spray foam insulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment