Sunday, March 19, 2023

Why So Big?

Why does Texas have to be so big? Normally I brag about it, but as those who are interested in my kids are from the furthest reaches, it's not great. I could drive hours upon hours, but that's not cost effective. Ditto to hiring someone to do it. Hopefully as we keep trying, those closer will be interested. 

In the meantime, we're getting ready for castration around here. The bucklings have dropped their baby bombs, so we'll be banding them here soon. I've got all the equipment, I'm just giving a few more days to see if anyone wants an intact buckling. Once the bands go on, there's no turning back. 

Poor Nutty will finally have at least one wethered friend/son to keep him company as he's still ostracized from the girls. He doesn't understand how lucky he is to remain part of the farm. Others swap the boys like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment