Thursday, March 9, 2023

Ugly Phase

I get a kick out of how all animals and humans have that awkward pubescent phase. Let's be honest, there's at least one yearbook photo of yourself that you would rather not ever see again. Well, our Orpington chicks have reached this stage. Boy howdy, they are most definitely not cute right now. 

I'm not even going to take a pic of them because I do want to forget this phase of theirs. They've got some of their cute chick fuzz left and then feathers are popping up through it. Because they're lavender, the feathers are growing in dark against the light fuzz. It's truly like seeing a long dark curly hair in your bowl of white rice. I'll say it outright, they're ugly right now!

I know this is just a phase and soon they'll look good again. In the meantime, Rob's in charge of feeding them. He's the mama hen anyway. 

When they were cute haha

No comments:

Post a Comment