Sunday, August 13, 2023

A New Week

A new week on the farm, but pretty much a repeat of last week weather wise. All I know is the HEAT mineral is working for the cows and other than a few occasional spritzes of water at feeding time, they're handling the heat well. 

Now, I'm a member of various farming and ranching groups online, and something was posted that had me shaking my head. It was saying if you hammer a pipe between five to ten feet in the ground, you'll tap into water and be able to use it as a well. Our well is 400 feet and even then we're careful about not using too much water in this drought. I'm not a well expert, but I don't believe ten feet will get you much unless you're doing it right next to a lake or pond. 

Blogs will be a little later this week though as rehearsals start for the play. If all the pics are dark and hard to see, you'll just have to excuse me. 

Rob and I at the Friends of the Night Sky event. Point outside lights down, that's all we're asking

No comments:

Post a Comment