Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Banana Split

Poor Sundae, things are not going well for her. What I thought was active labor was her actually prolapsing. And sometime today, she also split her area. I'm trying not to be graphic, that's the best I can do. We're calling the vet first thing in the morning to see about getting her fixed up and hopefully taken care of with all this. The only blessing is, according to my friend who knows a lot about goats and looked at her, is she still has a little time before the babies have to be born. 

Sundae wasn't supposed to be pregnant this early. We had separated Nutty from all the does before any of the first kidding season started. However, we did allow them a shared fence that we were stupid enough to think kept them from copulating. Lesson learned, that will not happen again!

I love Sundae and rest assured, we're going to do everything we can for her. Farm life, it's always something!

No comments:

Post a Comment