Monday, August 28, 2023

Maybe Baby?

It's been a long day, and I have a feeling it's going to be even longer for Sundae. By morning, we should have a new kid or two on the ground! I just know she's miserable right now, and I wish there was something I could do for her. 

It's cute, all the other goats are giving her space, except for S'mores. Now in case y'all don't remember, S'mores proved herself to be quite a nanny goat during the first freshening. She was there for every birth and she routinely checked up on both Mom and kid. After a few days, other than feeding, she would corral all the kids in the corner and keep an eye on them. She's ready to fill that role again as she's been nosing Sundae and staying near her. 

The secret to finally getting Sundae to kid? Turns out it was alfalfa! She needed that extra sweetness to give her the strength. Wish I'd known that sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment