Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Mayoral Request

Earlier this afternoon, I got a call from the mayor asking me to come meet a guy about a low-budget film he wants to do in town. I literally jumped at the chance and went to City Hall. The gentleman was nice and perhaps we'll work with him in the future, but now I know that's an option to consider for Lometa in the future. I'm taking it upon myself to educate the pros and the cons of allowing filming in our neck of the woods. 

There is a Texas Film Commission to start my journey with. I'll connect with them and see what general rules most cities follow. It's an interesting avenue to learn about and y'all know I never stop learning. We've got beautiful untouched land here that would be great on camera, but there's that balance of keeping us from transforming like Austin did. Say the word "Yellowstone" around here though if y'all want excitement. 

My little stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment