Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Uniquely Me

If anyone had told me even last year that I would feel comfortable enough to be my regular sarcastic self in the presence of city officials and a minister, I wouldn't have believed them. But tonight, I was equally sarcastic to everyone at the table Rob and I shared during a Lion's Club awards banquet at the school. 

Our seatmates were a local minister, two seasoned teachers, the warden of the jail, the Justice of the Peace, our new Chief of Police and his girlfriend. I playfully pick on anyone I feel comfortable with usually, and I guess I just feel comfortable around everyone in this town now. Not a bad feeling. They know I mean no harm, it's just the way I am. 

I mean, I forced our new mayor to wear florescent green Speedos on stage for the Superhero play, so it sends the message I'm uniquely me. 

I didn't have a selfie, but this pic of CĂ­arin is close enough haha

No comments:

Post a Comment