Monday, September 19, 2022

Down Cow

After a long day of taking Senior to Austin for a doctor's visit, we were putting the animals to bed and noticed Fergus wasn't doing well. He would start to stand up, was wobbly on his legs, he'd poop a little, and then he'd lay back down. He was breathing a little heavy, but not too labored. 

So, time to reach out to friends and emergency vets. Considering the only thing that has changed this week is his going out into the pasture, Rob and I think strongly that he ate something he shouldn't have. He would eat the hay we hand fed him and he drank a little bit of water. He wasn't bloated, no redness/heat/discharge anywhere, just wobbly. We couldn't find an emergency vet for him, so we're going to keep watch on him overnight and pray that he's ok. 

This has taught me that I need to supply ourselves with various meds for all the animals. If we don't have emergency vet services, it's up to us to hopefully figure it out. I love my Fergus and Rob assures me he's going to be okay. I sure hope so!

Rob splashed him with some cool water as well in case he was too hot

No comments:

Post a Comment